Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's okay to put the pink back on

When I read this morning that the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation stopped its funding of Planned Parenthood I did a little happy dance.  I have long been mystified that an organization like Komen, which clearly upholds life, would fund in any way an organization whose main activity is death.  The partnership never made sense to me and every time I saw pink--in the NFL, on license plates, clothing, keys, mugs, and more--I was frustrated anew that people who thought they were contributing to cures and life were inadvertently supporting death.  Not to mention that multiple studies draw a link between abortion and breast cancer (it always seemed like the Lung Cancer Society funding Marlboro to me).  Well, friends, by all means, put the pink back on.   Komen wised up and pulled the plug and I am so happy.  Keep praying for the defunding of Planned Parenthood--by our government, especially.  

No comments:

Post a Comment